Thursday, June 21, 2007

A call from the president

Whew... it's been a while since this blog was last updated. Anyway, I'm here, so let's get going!

Picture yourself as a sixty-something businessman who owns a small estate in an undisclosed location in Europe. You are sleeping well in your elegant bed when your state-of-the-art telephone suddenly rings.

You get up, still half-asleep. Your gold-lined bedside clock reads 11.30 PM, United States Time (you're from the United States... you want a little piece of home to always be with you).

Turning on the lamp designed especially for you by the world's greatest artists, you pick up the phone.

"Hello, is this [insert name here]?" a familiar voice asks.
"Yeah, it's me," you reply, still trying to figure out who the voice is. "Your voice sounds really familiar. Who are you?"
"I'm the President of the United States!" he says, in a whisper.

Then you suddenly remember. In the past few weeks the United States had been all over CNN, Fox, and other news networks. Russia and its allies have declared success in designing and building an ultimately destructive bomb that can destroy the whole United States and part of Canada. They further stated that if their demands, which were already communicated to the White House, would not be met in three months they would drop the bomb - literally - in the geographical center of the United States, destroying the world superpower.

The White House had expressed their doubts. On their website, they had said, "imagine a bomb that could destroy the whole United States. Is that really possible? If we, the world superpower, cannot build any weapon of such magnitude, then who can?"

The president continues talking. "Anyway, [insert name here], I need your advice. You're a businessman and great thinker. Now, no-one outside of my cabinet knows what Russia's demand is, but I'm going to tell you. They want us to declare ourselves a Russian state, then they'll destroy our economy, and re-award independence! It's crazy, wacko!

"Now, I can't say I ain't afraid of the bomb-destroying-the-United-States thing, but I'm not entirely convinced. I'm calling you to ask your advice. I'll follow whatever you say, 'coz I trust you more than my whole friggin' cabinet. I've heard what you've done with your business empire. So, what do you say?"

It's your time to decide.

Do you tell him to submit to Russia's authority, or do you tell him to 'stop with all this crap! It's obviously a fake, pointless scare tactic!'?

OR, do you tell him to ask someone else for advice - this is too big of a deal for you to call?

p.s. This is all fake! There is no such crisis going on!