Saturday, May 26, 2007

New Identity

Let's say you're in the backyard, playing with your dog, Snuffles.

He goes inside to grab some food - er, dog food. So you're left alone in the backyard.

Suddenly a fairy appears. "Why, who are you?" you ask her.


"I am an angel from the fuutuuure!" she replies. "Nah, just kidding. I'm a fairy!"

"Oh."

"Yeah, well, I'm here to give you a gift."

"A gift from who?"

"Your guess is as good as mine. Anyway, here's the offer: I'm gonna give you a new identity."

"No strings attached? You're not like that genie I met at the beach the other day, right?"

"ABSOLUTELY NO STRINGS ATTACHED. Alright. Here's the dilly-o. For your new identity, you get to choose if you want to be:

  • The President of the United States
  • The Prime Minister of Great Britain
  • The Chief of Staff of the USAF (United States Armed Forces)
  • The Pope of the Catholic Church
  • Hollywood's biggest star (You're so big, the HOLLYWOOD sign has been replaced with your name)
So, who do you wanna be? Make it quick, kid. I have another appointment."

"Uhm, this is a hard choice to make... can I use my 'call a friend' opportunity?"

"Well, we aren't on Who Wants to be a Millionaire, but fine. Make it quick."

So, you make the call. If given the opportunity to change your identity, would you be
  • The President of the United States
  • The Prime Minister of Great Britain
  • The Chief of Staff of the USAF (United States Armed Forces)
  • The Pope of the Catholic Church
  • Hollywood's biggest star
or would you rather remain who you are?