Sunday, July 22, 2007

Yo' wallet o' yo' phone?

Okay, I'm not going to deny it: one reason why the posts on IYWTG have been coming very slowly is because I rarely get sparks of brilliant ideas to post.

But today, I got a spark. And then, I got another spark just as I was typing this sentence. My last post was very tiring to read, so today I'm going to make it up to you by writing a shorter post.

Before reading this post, put yourself in a female character.

It is the dead of the night, and for some reason you find yourself walking home from work. Street lamps are too ridiculously far apart from each other to constantly light your path, and not a single house light is on.

You keep walking, humming your favorite Beyonce tune to while the time.

Out of the blue a grimy hand grabs you.

"Okay," you think to yourself, "this is it. Some wacko unwanted element of society has chosen me as prey."

"Okay," says the hobo, "I'm gonna go easy on 'ya. Now I'd nomally rob 'ya of everythang you got in there, but I'm gonna letcha choose."

Wow, you murmur in your head. This is a relatively kind unwanted element of society!

"Do ya want me to rob yo' wallet o' yo' phone?" the snatcher asks.

You're lucky. You're not getting stabbed, plus the evil dude is only going to take one thing from you, and he's letting you decide what you're going to give him. Take note, though, that you've noticed he has a knife tucked into his shorts. Do you give your wallet or your mobile phone?