Thursday, May 24, 2007

No sex for longevity

I think they did a study on this a little while back, but I'll ask you anyway.

You're on an empty beach, and the sun is beginning to sink. You're looking for random items in the sand, but nothing is even remotely interesting.

You see something sparkly. Most of it is hidden under the sand, so you dig it up.

It's a lamp. Kind of like the magic lamp a genie might be trapped in. Well, considering that the beach is deserted except for you and the sunset, you rub the lamp.

*POOF* out comes a genie.

"Holy crap!" you scream.

"Hey, thanks for getting me outta that craphole.." the genie says, then farts.

"Okay," you say, "my first wish is a Porsche Cayman... I want it black with flame vinyls, and also some.."

"Hold, hold, hold, hold.." the genie interrupts you. "I'm not that kind of genie. I'm specially programmed so I'd make the one who'd release me a deal."

"Oh yeah? What's your deal for me?"

"You'll live to be 150 years old."

"Oh, wow!" You're delighted. "WICKED!"

"But there's a catch."

"What catch?"

"You have to give up sex."

You think about your hot wife, and how you're still 32 years old. "Whaaat?" you whine. "Whyyy??!"

"That," the genie says, "is why it's called a catch."

Would you give up sexual intercourse so you can live to be 150, or would you rather live a "pleased" life?